Sunday, January 25, 2009

Goodbye Long Island , HIYA Heaven !




Raymond A Maddock
August 30, 1920 - January 25, 2009

Eternal rest grant unto Ray Maddock, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the soul of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Allison said that Great Grandpa is "Probably having breakfast with Great Grandma Katherine right now" and then Jimmy said that then "He could go watch Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig play baseball at heavens Yankees Stadium" I'm sure they're both right, I'm sure you'll be squeezing in a round of golf and afterwards joining some friends for some laughs, more than a few sing-a-longs and most certainly a shot and a beer.

I hope it was worth the wait and You deserve the rest you're sure to get.

I will miss you Old Fella, I'll miss our talks and your thoughtful cards and letters. I will certainly make sure no one around here forgets you and learns everything you taught me. You said that you would always be with us and I have no doubt that you've already arrived.

As a bonus, I'm sure one more Angel helping the Bronx Bombers this year couldn't hurt our World Series chances.

I love you, we all do, you big old softy. Now stop crying and go say hi to Grandma for us. Tell her we miss her and love always too.

Brian

3 comments:

Cathi Davis said...

:( he left a wonderful legacy for the kids in all the writings and paintings he sent over the years. I still love the one with the rocking chair; my fave, however, will always be the one with Alli in that daisy outfit :)

Sandra Wilson said...

You are truly blessed to have shared so many years filled with wonderful memories with your grandfather and the children's great-grandfather. I like to think that he is together with Katherine once again and that they both shine down on you all.

Chris said...

Nice blog post Bri...

Shot and a beer...